1. Falling deep into oblivion is scary. Feeling desolated in the void is scary. There’s doom, and there’s torment, and helplessness in this place but you are not completely alone. You are alone because the people who are in here also feel alone too and it hurts to reach out to anyone when all you want to do is to kill yourself. But everyone here also wants to kill themselves, and maybe that’s a reason to persevere. Maybe that’s a reason to share stories, struggles, and hardships in the darkness that we’re living in so that maybe someday we could be each other’s stars.
2. You are someone’s moonlight.
3. You are breathing to keep someone breathing.
4. Books, films, and works of art are your lanterns in moments of blackness to find what makes you loveable than you already are. What triggers your imagination for living can be what triggers your protection from dying, and you are your own superhero in your life’s story, and it’s not over until you beat your villains.
5. Warm hugs can feel warmer in the dimness of depression.
6. You are a warrior. You are a champion for life. And you are stronger than the infinite sadness that you feel because depression is not what makes you, you. You are the reason for the smiles of those who smile for you. You are the reason for the hope of those who hope the best for you. You are the reason for the love of those who love you for the survivor that you are. Keep on fighting. Your biology is not your destiny. You are beautiful for surviving the abyss.
7. Gratitude is a light that reaches the broken parts of you that the darkness cannot reach. Be grateful for everything that keeps you alive. Be grateful for everything that has kept you from leaving this earthly existence. Sometimes existence can be wonderful when the world feels safer, softer, and a better place to belong.
8. Suicide can be postponed for tomorrow, next year or the unknown future. What matters is that you choose life today. What matters is that you choose life for as long as you can and for as long as your heart is still beating, feeling, and loving.
9. This life will pass like everything else that prevents you from truly appreciating it. Make your life worth the memory. Make your life worth the breathing.
10. Recovery is possible, and so much is waiting for you to get better. Happiness is waiting for you. Peacefulness is waiting for you. Adventure is waiting for you, and the waves of all the beaches on this planet feel alive just by the thought of kissing your feet. You deserve to live a life that feels possible again.
Allow yourself to love. Allow yourself to suffer. Allow yourself to change. And allow yourself to move on.
Dreams are manifested into reality in two words: Taking Action.
The person who you are today is whole. The person who you are today has a strong vision for herself. The person who you are today learns not in theory but in reality which is The Process. The person who you are today is growing for her own self.
Life is not simply full of learning materials but rather full of learning experiences if you have the guts to take action. The reason you may have been consuming so much self-help information by watching YouTube video after YouTube video. Scrolling through Instagram, Facebook or Twitter looking at motivational quote after motivational quote. Reading through new information after new information is simply because you’re interested in becoming a better version of yourself and there’s nothing fundamentally wrong about wanting to achieve a life filled with excellence. There’s nothing wrong with buying self-help books or enrolling in online courses from motivational gurus. I’m just saying that there needs to be a limit to the time you spend learning new content after new content.
Self-help is good, there’s no doubt about that but always keep in mind that consuming self-help without taking the right action is simply mental masturbation.
I think there may be people out there who are thinking that knowledge is power, but I have an unpopular opinion which is this: Applied knowledge is power.
The more you take action, the more it gets natural. Your passion simply becomes your passion. It becomes gorgeous and fun. Sometimes action will feel like work, and that’s okay. Welcome to the human experience. The resistance you feel to get out of bed, answer an important email, or make some calls is natural and simply okay because it gives you the opportunity to beat that resistance that will make the courage that’s already inside you bloom.
You’re a flower, and too much rain will kill you. So take care of your mental health by being mindful of the amounts of information you feed your brain on a daily basis by creating a healthy balance between taking information and taking action, and that takes perseverance.
You just need a few books, a few videos, and a few words of wisdom to truly grow as you walk through the fields of massive actions and the sun, the birds, and the clouds will be beautiful there. So start.
Start with the wisdom that you already have within you. Take knowledge in 10-30% percent of your day and then apply it 70-90% of your day. Then get the results. Then see what actions make those results consistent. And if you’re kind enough, brave enough and human enough—share those results with the world.