1. Falling deep into oblivion is scary. Feeling desolated in the void is scary. There’s doom, and there’s torment, and helplessness in this place but you are not completely alone. You are alone because the people who are in here also feel alone too and it hurts to reach out to anyone when all you want to do is to kill yourself. But everyone here also wants to kill themselves, and maybe that’s a reason to persevere. Maybe that’s a reason to share stories, struggles, and hardships in the darkness that we’re living in so that maybe someday we could be each other’s stars.
2. You are someone’s moonlight.
3. You are breathing to keep someone breathing.
4. Books, films, and works of art are your lanterns in moments of blackness to find what makes you loveable than you already are. What triggers your imagination for living can be what triggers your protection from dying, and you are your own superhero in your life’s story, and it’s not over until you beat your villains.
5. Warm hugs can feel warmer in the dimness of depression.
6. You are a warrior. You are a champion for life. And you are stronger than the infinite sadness that you feel because depression is not what makes you, you. You are the reason for the smiles of those who smile for you. You are the reason for the hope of those who hope the best for you. You are the reason for the love of those who love you for the survivor that you are. Keep on fighting. Your biology is not your destiny. You are beautiful for surviving the abyss.
7. Gratitude is a light that reaches the broken parts of you that the darkness cannot reach. Be grateful for everything that keeps you alive. Be grateful for everything that has kept you from leaving this earthly existence. Sometimes existence can be wonderful when the world feels safer, softer, and a better place to belong.
8. Suicide can be postponed for tomorrow, next year or the unknown future. What matters is that you choose life today. What matters is that you choose life for as long as you can and for as long as your heart is still beating, feeling, and loving.
9. This life will pass like everything else that prevents you from truly appreciating it. Make your life worth the memory. Make your life worth the breathing.
10. Recovery is possible, and so much is waiting for you to get better. Happiness is waiting for you. Peacefulness is waiting for you. Adventure is waiting for you, and the waves of all the beaches on this planet feel alive just by the thought of kissing your feet. You deserve to live a life that feels possible again.