- There are no rules. This is a bar fight between my soul and my illness. Whatever it is that I need to do to deprive this doubtful beast of its food (compulsions) I will do.
- There are regulations, however. (see below)
- First, I will do frequent and consistent exposures. The pain coming from the anxiety will act as a sign that I am healing.
- Second, I will do recreational activities more such as bibliotherapy, writing therapy, film therapy, retail therapy, gaming therapy, etc. to reframe and refocus my mind on other things besides my obsessions.
- Third, I will not kill myself. I will try to innovate new tactics if I have to so that I can win this battle against this illness.
- Lastly, there will be no going back to old habits no matter how painful it would be. I need to heal somehow and recover before this year ends.