I loved him. I cried when they executed him. Such poor, poor writing. He could’ve demanded a trial by combat since he’s a lord and all, but he didn’t.
I love Littlefinger because I relate to some parts of him that just loved one girl his entire life that he couldn’t have. And that fuelled his ambition to acquire everything. And I’m also a person who wants everything because I couldn’t have this one girl that I deeply loved in the past.
I love Littlefinger because he’s neither evil or good. He’s just a neutral underdog who could’ve one day sit on the Iron Throne. I just can’t believe that he’s dead now.
I love Littlefinger because he’s the most poetic character in the show and here are some of my favorite quotes from him:
- A lot can happen between now and never.
- If you want to build a better home, first you must demolish the old one.
- Given the opportunity, what do we do to those who’ve hurt the ones we love?
- It doesn’t matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.
- Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want.
- Life is not a song, sweetling. You may learn that one day to your sorrow.
- The past is the past, the future is all that is worth discussing.
- The past is gone for good. You can sit here mourning its departure, or prepare for the future.
- Fight every battle, everywhere, always, in your mind.
- Every possible series of events is happening all at once.
I think I’m sure that I won’t watch the last season of Game of Thrones. In fact, I stopped watching after the scene Littlefinger died. His death and his memory will always be in my heart. For Littlefinger I will stay ambitious like him in my life. He is the one true ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. The mockingbird that will always live on in my life.
Hopefully, the incoming book is better than the show.